1: Windows Update Error 0x800706d9 – Run The Troubleshooter Press Start > Settings > Update & security. Click on Troubleshoot on the left. Click on Additional troubleshooters. Scroll down and click on Windows Update, then Run the troubleshooter.
Fix 1. Restart Windows Defender Firewall Service
Fix 2. Check Background Intelligence Transfer Service
Fix 3. Reset Windows Update Components
Fix 4. Disable the Third-party Antivirus Program
Windows Firewall can’t slightly change your settings 0x800706d9 – it just indicates that Windows Firewall should be enabled. Your Windows software cannot change some of your 0x80070422 – the problem could be corrupted user information. Your consumer profile can be retrieved for various corrupted articles, but you can create an organic profile.
Try running windows firewall which comes back. If you can run Windows Firewall, delete the Repair.bat file. To do this, right-click Repair.bat, select Delete, and then click Yes. If you keep getting error 0x8007042c when you try to start Windows Firewall, you can contact the Microsoft Consumer Security Support Center.
This error occurs when the user tries to enable native Windows Firewall with the specified settings. Some users have also encountered this error with third-party firewalls, which is quite a challenge. Is a firewall an essential component to safely browsing the world wide web?
How do I fix error code 0x800706D9?
Fix: Windows Update error 0x800706D9
- Run system check information. Update error 0x800706D9 mostly occurs due to corrupted or missing tiered files.
- Install the cumulative update manually. If the error persists, you can manually download and install the latest offline package on your computer.
- Delete the Windows Update folder.
How do I fix error code 0X800706D9?
How to Fix Error Code 0X800706D9 in Windows 10
- Right-click the Start menu and select Settings.
- Go to > Apps, apps, and features.
- Search for the Microsoft Store in the list apps on the right.
- Click on Microsoft Store and select More options.
- In the Reset section, click the Reset button.
What is error code 0x800706d9?
Most likely, your resident antivirus is enabled by the Windows firewall. This error mostly occurs when the user tries to install Windows Essentials or when the computer tries to use certain updates. It simply means that you must select Windows Firewall.
I’m a writer for uscfr.com. In my opinion, technology should make our lives easier, not more complicated. That’s why I enjoy breaking down complex topics and explaining them in a way that everyone can understand. In my free time, I can be found tinkering with new devices or coding up new apps.