Disable any firewall your computer has and try to update Windows again. The firewall might be blocking the update.
Remove a VPN connection.
Try Windows Update Troubleshooter.
Change the DNS servers.
1. Go to Administrative Tools/Services and find the Windows Update service. Stop it.
2. Go to C:\Windows\ and rename the SoftwareDistribution folder to something like SoftwareDistribution.old
3. Restart the Windows Update service.
4. Click the Check for Updates button on the Windows Update screen.
5. Windows will perform the check – it may take some time, so leave it running.
How to fix Windows Update error code 0x800704c7?
What to do if your whole family installed Windows update with error 0x800704c7 on Windows 10 PC Solution 1 – Temporarily disable your antivirus.
Solution 2 – Run the DISM and SFC tool
Another solution: perform a system restore.
Solution 5 – Use Media Creation Tool If the (mct) mentioned solution didn’t help you get rid of Windows update error 0x800704c7, you can simply try using Media Creation Tool.
How to fix Windows 7 error 80072efe?
Fixed: Updated Windows error 80072EFEMod from a specific person: using tdsskiller.exe to remove rootkit information files. Since a malware intrusion can do more harm than prevent an update, let’s start together.2:
Method Disable firewalls, ie. antivirus programs.
Method 3: deleting the CatRoot2 directory.
Method 4: Reset Windows Local Group Policy.
How to fix Windows Update error 0x8024402c [solved]?
Try these methods [MiniTool News] Method 1: Run Windows Troubleshooter update. Running the Windows Update troubleshooter is the first and fastest way to get rid of Windows New Update error 8024402c.
Method 2: Change our DNS servers. DNS servers are a very important part of your computer’s time to connect to these specific Windows update servers.3:
Method Edit the Registry Editor.
How to fix 0x8007041d error?
Install and run the application
Click the main “Scan Now” button to detect problems and anomalies.
Click the Repair All icon to fix issues.
How do I fix error code 8024402c?
Method 1: Temporarily disable your security software and check if the problem type persists.
- a: Click on the Windows Q+ logo to open the survey window.
- b: Now click on “And settings” then type action center and press Enter.
- c : Next to Security, click Chevron.
- d: Re-enable the antivirus program installed on your computer.
How do I fix error 8024402c?
What Causes Windows Update 8024402c
- Turn off your computer’s virtual firewall and try updating Windows again. The firewall type may be blocking the update. …
- Remove the VPN connection.
- Try it… Windows Update Troubleshooter.
- Change… all DNS servers.
How do I fix error 8024402C?
What Causes Windows Update Everything Error 8024402c
- Disable your computer’s firewall and try updating Windows if necessary. The firewall may be blocking the update. …remove the link to the
- VPN website. …
- Try the Windows Update troubleshooter. … Change
- DNS servers.
What is error code 8024402C?
Error code 8024402C: This error may be caused by a course running on your computer avoiding access to Windows Update Services (SVCHOST) due to online courses and proxy servers.
I’m a writer for uscfr.com. In my opinion, technology should make our lives easier, not more complicated. That’s why I enjoy breaking down complex topics and explaining them in a way that everyone can understand. In my free time, I can be found tinkering with new devices or coding up new apps.